This role supports the Design Director in all aspects of designing
The role requires clear and open communication internally as well as externally, collaboration, and strong organization alongside strong project management skills. Exploring fresh ideas and being inspiring to others are also essential qualities.
This role is ideal for a designer with around 2 to 4 years of experience of working on several brands. A conceptual thinker with a focus on design excellence. They have a proven track record showing they are ready for this next step.
Under the direction of the Design Director, the Designer will help visualize design strategy to deliver the best possible creative solution. You will be responsible for the following activities:
- As part of a Project Team: explores and conceptualizes design solutions from initial route to final design direction.
- With input from senior creatives, further explores specific design concepts, begins refinement of concepts.
- Learns to develop a point of view on their work, as well as the work of others, and communicate that clearly.
- Participates in internal meetings and critiques; explains and substantiates existing or potential design direction.
- Competent in all key creative software programs.
- Keeps on top of current design trends, remaining continuously curious.
- Understands their role in the team structure – including assigned hours and personal deadlines.
- Works efficiently and effectively.
- Alerts Senior Design Director when tasks are complete or awaiting approval.
- Proactively participates within project teams to ensure quality, profitability and client satisfaction.
- Prepares for internal and external meetings.
- Maintains and organizes files and project materials.
- Organizes necessary resources, materials, venues, etc.
- Efficiently backs up in an organized manner on the server.
- Proactively engages with and contributes towards company creative culture initiatives.
Behaviors and Competencies:
- Asks questions to clarify tasks & improve outcomes.
- Willing to constantly learn and seek new information.
- Uses data to uncover new facts and support or challenge the status quo.
- Finds creative ways of adding value to the role.
- Explores new connections & solutions under own initiative.
- Proposes new ideas and processes for internal communications.
- Listens and understands the needs & capabilities of different designs and shows empathy & understanding for others’ priorities while still delivering on timelines.
- Reaches out to contacts in the company to test ideas or gain more understanding.
- Communicates clearly when extra help or support is needed.
- Delivers to agreed timelines.
- Promotes the understanding of the role to others.
Required knowledge and experience:
- Design degree, or relevant design qualification.
- Relevant brand design, packaging and/or retail design experience appreciated.
- Able to work over more than 1 discipline, combining either brand identity/packaging or retail/packaging for instance.
- Experience working as part of a project team.
- Well skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat).
- Experience in motion design packages such as After Effects appreciated.
- Good working knowledge of presentation packages, specifically Keynote and Powerpoint.
• Competitive salary and benefits. • You will be part of a dynamic, inspiring and informal environment with plenty of space for new initiatives. • You will work within our Design team for our different disciplines (Retail, Packaging, Corporate Identity) and are in frequent contact with the Account department. • You’ll get plenty of space to help initiate, stimulate and challenge the team to develop the best ideas. • Creativity, empathy, team spirit, ambition and the willingness to keep developing yourself are the key drivers at VBAT.
If you fit the profile and are available, please send your portfolio and/or CV to our HR Manager, Wendy Klaver, at email@example.com.